The History of Sigma Lambda Chi
Sigma Lambda Chi is a society that strongly holds to, and builds upon, the history and traditions upon which it was founded.
Sigma Lambda Chi was founded by a group of individuals from Michigan State University, in the Housing and Merchandising curriculum who were interested in the enhancement of the construction profession. The first chapter, Alpha Chapter, was established on April 30, 1949. The Alpha Chapter developed the general guidelines by which the society is governed today.
Since that time, the society has grown to include sixty-seven chapters across the United States and Australia, with a total individual membership of over twenty-two thousand.
Honorary members of Sigma Lambda Chi are top individuals from industry and academia who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in the construction industry or construction education, and who believe in the goals and ideals of Sigma Lambda Chi.