International Awards Criteria
(Effective March 1, 2017)
Chapter Awards are based on the Sigma Lambda Chi International Construction Honor Society Constitution as approved on April 8, 2013.
The fundamental purpose of Sigma Lambda Chi shall be the recognition of outstanding students in construction. (Article II, Sect. 1)
The Objectives of Sigma Lambda Chi shall include: (Article II, Sect. 2a-c)
- The rendering of service to the field of construction.
- The development of good relations between academia, industry, and the public.
- The recognition of outstanding professionals in construction and allied fields.
All Active Status chapters will receive a Sigma Lambda Chi Perpetual Plaque by the conclusion of 2017.
All New and Reactivated chapters will receive a Sigma Lambda Chi Perpetual Plaque upon final approval of the Sigma Lambda Chi Board of Directors.
Each year a single plate, that can be affixed to the Perpetual Plaque, will be given to each chapter that has earned an Active, Bronze, Silver or Gold Level award. The plates will be awarded annually at the Sigma Lambda Chi International convention. All plates not claimed at the convention will be mailed directly to the chapter advisor.
Award levels will be determined based on the Chapter's answers on the Annual Chapter Activity Report. Available points are listed with each answer on the afore mentioned report.
To earn a Bronze, Silver or Gold award, a chapter must earn a set amount of points from the following categories:
- Eligible Member Induction percentage (0-3 pts available)
- Recognition of Honorary Members (0-3 pts available)
- Service Projects (0-3 pts available)
- Sponsorship of a construction related activity (0-3 pts available)
- Hosting of special social events (0-3 pts available)
- Maintaining a Sigma Lambda Chi chapter website (0-1 pts available)
- Having a social media presence (0-1 pts available)
- Submitting photos or special publications (0-1 pts available)
Level 1 – ACTIVE
An Active Chapter in good standing shall be one which holds elections to membership at least annually, has elected officers, and provides an annual report to the International Executive Director. (SLC Constitution, Article IV, Sect. 3a)
Level 2 – BRONZE
A chapter must be on Active Status to receive a Bronze Award.
A chapter must earn 1 to 3 points in any combination of the 8 categories listed above.
Level 3 – SILVER
A Chapter must be on Active Status to receive a Silver Award.
A chapter must earn 4 to 8 points in any combination of the 8 categories listed above.
Level 4 – GOLD
A Chapter must be on Active Status to receive a Gold Award.
A chapter must earn 9 to 12 points in any combination of the 8 categories listed above.
Please follow the link below to submit your Annual Report.
FEBRUARY 2017 - UPDATE COMING SOON!
For Sigma Lambda Chi International Outstanding Chapter Award, High Achievement Award, and Excellence Award
Per Post-National-Convention Board, April 17, 1993; addendum April 1996; revised April 2001 (most recent changes in Italics)-->